Poles treated with DuraClimb® CCA with Climbing Additive have a refined hydrocarbon oil emulsion added in the outer layer of the pole following treatment. The viscous oil emulsion serves as a lubricant, making the surface condition of the pole easier to climb and to work on compared to traditional CCA poles.
- Rural Utilities Service approved.
- The longevity of CCA-treated wood - resistance to termites and fungal decay for decades.
- Excellent climbing characteristics confirmed by numerous field-climbing trials on both new and aged poles.
- Reduces the need for future groundline remedial treatment, since fixation of CCA decreases preservative migration.
- Stationary preservative also eliminates the need to rotate poles during storage.
- Low corrosivity.